This Cheesy Corn Dip is a deliciously cheesy appetizer. It can be made ahead and kept warm within a crockpot or, my go-to, a rice cooker. I used to make a buffalo chicken dip and keep it in the rice cooker because I didn’t own a crockpot during college. Now I have an “extra” food heater in a pinch! I wouldn’t recommend freezing this recipe because of all the cheese, but I’m sure it can be done. It definitely wouldn’t be as good as fresh!
I had a small get-together when I made this dip, but I couldn’t stop eating it. The onions in the recipe add that savory taste to the sweetness of the corn. And cheese? The Monterey Jack adds in the saltiness and you don’t have to add in anything extra. The corn dip is super easy to make! You can whip it up in just a few minutes and it’s full of flavor & cheesy goodness! You’ll be sure to finish it before the night’s done. You can find other appetizer recipes here.
Cheesy Corn Dip
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 white onion minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 3 cups corn kernels
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese
- Tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 avocado
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a sauce pan. Add the onion and sauté until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Add the corn and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the milk and cream and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the Monterey Jack cheese until it’s fully melted, then pour the corn mixture evenly over a plate of tortilla chips.
- Sprinkle the cotija cheese evenly over the dip. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper, top with avocado and sour cream, then serve immediately.