Grilled Chicken and Veggies Over Cauliflower Rice
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 2 red pepper slices
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt + pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup small tomatoes halved
- In a large bowl combine the olive oil, garlic, onion powder, pepper, cayenne, smoked paprika, parsley and basil. Add the chicken and toss well. Cover and place in the fridge while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- Heat the grill to medium high heat.
- Add the red pepper and zucchini to a gallon size Ziploc bag. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Seal the bag and shake well so the veggies are coated with olive oil.
- Grill the chicken for 3-4 minutes per side, gently flipping 2-3 times until chicken is cooked through and has light char marks.
- Grill the zucchini for about 4 minutes on each side, or until tender and the red peppers for about 5 minutes flipping once or twice during cooking. You may also use a grill pan to do this or even just cook everything on the stove.
- Remove everything from the grill and let cool 5 minutes. Once cool slice the red peppers into strips and if you have whole chicken breast cut those into cubes.
- Add the mashed avocados to a bowl. Stir in the lemon juice, parsley, garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- To assemble the bowls, divide the rice among 4 bowls or plates. Top each bowl of rice with equal amounts of chicken, grilled peppers and zucchini. Add a large dollop of the avocados and then add the fresh tomatoes.
You can find more dinner recipes.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know how it turned out in the comments below!