You need this Slow Cooker Italian Beef recipe in your weekly diet. The only “trick” for the low-carb option of this is to skip out on the bun. While I would have loved to make a sandwich out of this meat, a bowl of it is so flavorful and tender. This first time I tried this recipe I used more banana peppers, which ended up making the beef spicier. Skip out on the peppers completely if you would like your beef without any heat. Try adding the banana peppers whole so you can easily pick them out of the meat if you still want a little flavor.
When it’s ready, grab yourself a bowl (or a sandwich) and top with mustard. Yum! You can serve over a side of Spicy Garlic Mashed Cauliflower.
Slow Cooker Italian Beef
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp dried minced onion
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- handful banana pepper rings
- 2-3 lb beef chuck roast
- 1 tsp kosher salt and pepper
- 4 Tbsp butter
- Spray slow cooker insert with cooking spray.
- Add vinegar, dried onion, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and banana pepper rings to bottom of slow cooker.
- Add beef chuck roast on top of spice mixture, season both sides with salt and black pepper. Top with butter.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, then shred and serve.