Tired of the same old potato fries? Looking for a way to elevate your snacking game? Enter Za’atar Carrot Fries—the culinary creation that effortlessly fuses the wholesome goodness of carrots with the exotic flavors of za’atar.
With their irresistible combination of earthy sweetness and aromatic spice, these fries are not only a treat for your taste buds but also a wholesome snack you can feel good about. Let’s dive into the easy steps to create this delectable and nutritious twist on classic fries.
Carrot Fries? Yes, carrot fries. You buy a bunch of carrots and slice them down into fry-size pieces. You easily season then with olive oil and your choice of seasonings, then bake them until they they are slightly crispy. If you don’t like the taste of the za’atar seasoning, then feel free to use your spice of choice.
I found a pasta recipe that used za’atar seasoning and I found the flavor fascinating. It is used in Mediterranean dishes. It really spices up the bland flavor of the plain carrots and really leaves you wanting more.
Ingredients for Za’atar Carrot Fries:
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced into thin fries
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp za’atar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Instructions for Za’atar Carrot Fries:
1. Preheat the Oven: Begin by preheating your oven to 425ºF (220ºC). This will ensure that your carrot fries bake to perfection, achieving that coveted crispy exterior while maintaining a tender interior.
2. Prep the Carrot Fries: Peel the carrots and slice them into thin, fry-like sticks. These carrot fries will serve as your canvas for the explosion of flavors to come.
3. Coat with Flavor: Place the carrot sticks in a large bowl. Drizzle the olive oil over them, ensuring that each stick gets a touch of that luscious oil. Sprinkle the za’atar and garlic powder on top. Now, the magic begins—stir and toss the carrot fries until they are thoroughly coated in the fragrant za’atar and garlic goodness.
4. Arrange on a Baking Sheet: To ensure even cooking and crispiness, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the well-coated carrot fries on the baking sheet in a single layer. This will allow the hot air to circulate around each fry, resulting in that satisfying crunch you crave.
5. Bake to Perfection: Slide the baking sheet into the preheated oven and let the carrot fries bake for about 20 minutes. Keep a close eye on them—the goal is to achieve that beautiful golden-brown hue and crispy texture. When they’re ready, your kitchen will be filled with the irresistible aroma of za’atar and roasted carrots.
6. Savor the Flavor: As soon as your Za’atar Carrot Fries emerge from the oven, they’re ready to be savored. The enticing blend of za’atar’s aromatic spices and the natural sweetness of carrots will tantalize your taste buds. The crispy exterior gives way to a tender interior, creating a symphony of textures that’s simply irresistible.
7. Enjoy Immediately: Remove the baking sheet from the oven and transfer the carrot fries to a serving platter. These fries are at their best when enjoyed immediately—crispy, fragrant, and bursting with flavors.
Za’atar Carrot Fries Recipe
Za’atar Carrot Fries
- 6 carrots (peeled and sliced into thin fries)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp za'atar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Preheat your oven to 425ºF.
Place the carrot sticks in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, za'atar, and garlic powder. Stir until the carrot fries are well-coated.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the carrot fries on the baking sheet in a single layer.
Bake the fries for about 20 minutes. When the fries are browned and crispy, remove from the oven.
Carrot fries, with or without za’atar, is a healthy alternative side dish. When you’re tired of zucchini noodles and cauliflower rice, then turn to carrots! And if you like the seasoning and want to branch out, then try using it on sweet potato fries. Yum!
Have you tried making this Za’atar Carrot Fries recipe? Let me know how it turned out in the comments below.
You can view more recipes here.