Get ready for a fiesta of flavors with our delicious Carne Asada Tacos recipe!
Succulent marinated flank steak, combined with a zesty spice mix, and topped with colorful vegetables and tangy salsa, will transport your taste buds straight to the streets of Mexico. These mouthwatering tacos are easy to make and perfect for any gathering or weeknight dinner.
So, let’s dive right into the recipe and create a great dish that will leave everyone craving for more!
- To kickstart this delightful recipe, take 1-2 pounds of flank steak and pound it to an even thin thickness. This step ensures that the meat cooks evenly and absorbs all the delicious flavors of the marinade.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1/4 cup of reduced sodium soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar. Whisk these ingredients together until the brown sugar is completely dissolved.
- Place the pounded flank steak in a large resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over it. Seal the bag tightly and massage the marinade into the meat, ensuring it is evenly coated. Refrigerate the bag for at least 1-2 hours (or even overnight) to allow the flavors to meld beautifully.
- In a small bowl, prepare the spice mix by combining 1 tablespoon of cumin, 1 tablespoon of garlic powder, 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika, 2 teaspoons of chili powder, 1 teaspoon of onion powder, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Mix well to create a flavorful seasoning for the carne asada.
- When you’re ready to cook, start by slicing 1 onion and 2 bell peppers into thin strips. These colorful veggies will add a delightful crunch and taste to your tacos.
- Preheat your grill or stovetop grill pan over medium-high heat. While the grill is heating up, take the marinated flank steak out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature for about 15-20 minutes.
- Once the grill is hot, remove the steak from the marinade and discard any excess liquid. Sprinkle the prepared spice mix generously over the meat, pressing it into the surface.
- Grill the flank steak for about 4-5 minutes per side or until it reaches your desired level of doneness. For medium-rare, an internal temperature of 130-135°F (54-57°C) is ideal. Allow the steak to rest for a few minutes before slicing it thinly against the grain.
- Warm up 10 corn tortillas on the grill for about 30 seconds per side until they are pliable and slightly charred.
- To assemble your carne asada tacos, place a few slices of the grilled flank steak onto each tortilla. Top it off with the sliced onions and bell peppers.
- Finish the tacos with crumbled Cotija cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and a spoonful of your favorite salsa. For an extra burst of freshness, add diced tomatoes and a final drizzle of zesty lime juice.
- Serve the Carne Asada Tacos hot and watch your family and friends indulge in the explosion of flavors with every bite!
CARNE ASADA TACOS
Carne Asada Tacos
- 1-2 lbs flank steak (pounded to an even thin thickness)
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 onion
- 2 bell peppers
- 10 corn tortillas
- Cotija cheese
- Sour Cream
View this post on Instagram
Indulge in the authentic taste of Mexico with these irresistible Carne Asada Tacos. From the tender, marinated steak to the burst of spices, colorful veggies, and tangy salsa, this recipe has it all. Share these mouthwatering tacos with your loved ones and create a memorable mealtime experience.
Enjoy the fiesta of flavors and savor the taste in every bite! Have you tried this recipe?? Let me know in the comments below!
Find more main dish recipes here.