Are you heading to the most magical place on earth?! This is my ultimate Disney World packing list!
I’ve been to Walt Disney World several times as a kid, but my husband and I went for the first time as adults.
It was his first time ever – which was so exciting to experience together! He’s a planner – he can plan for every event or anticipated need for our vacations – so I’ve compiled the ultimate Disney World packing list if you’re headed there yourself.
Disney World Packing List – Tips for packing for your vacation:
Preparing for a trip to Disney World is exciting, and having a comprehensive packing list can help ensure you have everything you need for a magical and comfortable experience. This list if full of all the things you need to pack to truly have the most magical time. I hope you enjoy this ultimate Disney World packing list!
- Check the weather forecast: Before packing, check the weather forecast for your travel dates in Orlando, Florida. This will help you pack appropriate clothing and accessories for the expected conditions.
- Comfortable clothing and shoes: Since you’ll be spending long hours walking and standing, prioritize comfort when selecting your clothing and footwear. Opt for breathable, lightweight fabrics, and pack comfortable walking shoes or sneakers. Avoid new shoes that may cause blisters.
- Layering options: Florida weather can be unpredictable, so pack versatile clothing that can be layered. Mornings and evenings can be cooler, while the afternoons can be hot. Bring a lightweight jacket, cardigan, or hoodie for cooler temperatures.
- Swimwear and sunscreen: If you plan to visit the water parks or your resort has a pool, pack swimwear and a cover-up. Don’t forget to bring sunscreen with a high SPF rating to protect your skin from the strong Florida sun.
- Rain gear: Pack a lightweight, compact rain jacket or poncho, as Orlando can experience rain showers, especially during the summer months. This way, you’ll be prepared and can continue enjoying the parks even if it rains.
- Backpack or day bag: Bring a small backpack or day bag to carry your essentials, such as sunscreen, water bottles, snacks, a camera, and any personal items you might need throughout the day. Make sure it’s comfortable to wear and has enough compartments for organization.
- Portable phone charger: You’ll likely be using your smartphone for various purposes, such as taking photos, checking the My Disney Experience app, or staying in touch with your group. A portable phone charger can come in handy to ensure your device stays charged throughout the day.
- Snacks and water bottles: Packing some snacks like granola bars, trail mix, or fruit can save you money and provide quick energy boosts between meals. Additionally, bring refillable water bottles to stay hydrated and take advantage of the water fountains throughout the parks.
- Essential items: Don’t forget to pack essential items such as your ID, travel documents, credit cards, cash, and any necessary medications. Keep them in a secure and easily accessible place.
- Disney-themed attire and accessories: If you want to embrace the Disney spirit, consider packing Disney-themed clothing, accessories, or even matching family outfits. It can add to the fun and help create a festive atmosphere.
- Laundry essentials: If you’re staying at a Disney resort hotel or have access to laundry facilities, consider packing some laundry essentials like detergent pods or travel-sized packets. This allows you to do laundry during your trip and pack lighter. (We spent around $8 for one load at the resort we stayed at)
- Miscellaneous items: Other useful items to consider packing include a hat or cap for sun protection and sunglasses. Don’t forget to pack other essential items like a camera, extra memory cards, hand sanitizer, wet wipes, band-aids, and any medications you may need.
Remember to pack light and consider the airline luggage restrictions. It’s also a good idea to leave some space in your luggage for any souvenirs.
And if you’d like my free Disney packing list printable sign up for my newsletter and I’ll send it to you!
Disney World Packing List
- Park Outfits – You can see the outfits I wore to each Disney World Park here. You can also review some Disney World outfit ideas for women here.
- Sneakers (any good walking/standing shoes)
- Extra Socks (if it rains, you may want to change your socks at the park)
- Dinner outfit
- Poncho or rain coat
- Jacket/Sweater/Sweatshirt (if you’re heading there during Winter)
- Bag – Backpack, fanny pack, shoulder bag, etc.
- Minnie Ears
- Cell phone
- Charging cable
- Portable charger
- Camera (if you use something different than your phone)
- Magicbands – MagicBands connect you to all the vacation choices you made on the My Disney Experience mobile app so you can travel lighter, enter the parks, unlock your Disney Resort hotel room and make purchases.
- Lip balm w/ SPF
- Face wash
- Face lotion
- Body wash
- Hair styling products
- Makeup bag
- Vitamins + prescriptions
- Cotton swabs
- Blister covers (your feet are very likely to get blisters from all the walking!)
- Mini first aid kit
- Gift cards
- Credit Cards
- Hand sanitizer
- Travel tissues
- Clorox Wipes
- Ziplock bags
- Reusable Water bottles
Remember that some items, such as toiletries and snacks, can be purchased at Disney World if you forget anything. Packing light is also essential, as you’ll likely end up carrying your bags throughout the day. Enjoy your trip to Disney World!
That is my ultimate Disney World packing list. Leet me know in the comments if there is anything you think I’ve missed! Thanks so much for reading this blog post and I hope you have the most magical vacation ever!
Be sure to check out these blog posts for more Disney travel tips and inspiration!