Stay updated on the latest happenings.
Another month quickly flies by… *wake me up when September ends* played in my head most of the month. Zack and I worked a lot in work done in our backyard. I ignored a lot of my blog and my goals this month, but I started my own business (say what?!). There was also an unplanned 34 hours road trip to Wisconsin.
I managed knocking out three goals this month. I can’t believe how fast this year has gone by, but I’m finally completing things. In August, I reassessed my goals and removed 4 of them. I hope that I can make them into SMART goals to add them back in for 2023.
- COMPLETE! Read 50 books – I’ve read 52 books so far! That’s 104%
- COMPLETE! Grow my LTK commission by 10% – September had 1526 clicks and $73.20 in open commissions. I wasn’t keeping track of this during the year, but I’ve grown my open commissions by 215% already. I’ll have to download the data to review, but I’ve completed this goal!
- COMPLETE! Complete 12 DIY projects – I have done four DIYs so far this year, but I did complete so many other house projects that I never took into account! Zack and I repainted all the walls and trim throughout the entire house. It’s completely different. Plus all the hardware on the doors, changed the kitchen sink. I’m counting those as DIYs because we did them ourselves!
You can find my original list of my goals here: #22in2022.
I was lucky to attend the media preview day at the Dallas Arboretum for the Autumn at the Arboretum event. They have over 100,000 pumpkins, squash and gourds – oh my!
LTK: September had 1526 clicks and $73.20 in open commissions.
I’m still working with Christine on rebranding the website. I received the initial mood board, but I sent back edits. I was sick for a period of time and she was also sick, so we’re a little behind on the project. I also haven’t been pressing her on anything either.
Here’s what I shared on the blog this month:
- Every Book Mentioned in the Gilmore Girls and Revival
- Stitch Fix Review September 2022
- Beach Totes | Currently Shopping
- Autumn at the Arboretum – Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden
- Haunted Houses in Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex
- Pumpkin Patches in Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex
- September 2022 Reading List – 7 Books
- and this Monthly Life Update: September 2022!
I had one campaign that I paid for and my Canva subscription renewed this month. I haven’t listed anything new on Poshmark either. I’ve kinda been just living instead of working and slightly ignoring my blog.
My expenses are $19.99 and my income is $33.30. I’m positive $13.26.
HOVEL SWEET HOVEL
We finished painting over Labor Day weekend. There’s a tiny bit more painting to do in the laundry room, but we have to move the washer and dryer to get to it. Zack mentioned that he’s thinking about replacing the appliance at the end of the year, so I’ll quickly paint before we get those installed. I’m so happy that we’re almost done painting!
I had a weekend to write about the small bathroom updates and the master bathroom updates. At least I’m moving things along inside the house even if I’m not getting around to posting, haha.
Zack also spent this month planting grass in our backyard. He brought in about 30 bags of dirt to level and grade our lawn appropriately and planted seed. It’s looking good!
I’ve been fairly consistent on tracking, but the iFit website isn’t the easiest to pull data! I restarted the Bora Bora Bootcamp series for the 8th time this year. I’m crazy, but that is how I started off this year when I focused on losing pounds!
I had a minor set back because of the road trip to Wisconsin. I didn’t workout for the entire week. And it took me a few days to get back into the routine once we got home.
I also completed the Old School Running Challenge.
Total Miles: 41.2
Total Hours: 10:14:02
Total Workouts: 17
I thought I was going to get organized, but instead I found myself searching for freelance work. Which means that I wasn’t focusing on my health. I ignored problems until I forgot about them, eh.
And I found another project to focus on: a trashed antique couch! I removed all the fabric, tossed all the stuffing, and removed most of the paint. I really worked hard!
I filed for an LLC! I don’t have much to share on this right now, but I picked up a freelance client this month and I decided that I should file. I spent an entire day thinking of a name and researching offerings… Now I have to wait to see if I’m approved! Exciting!